Creating a content calendar can be so overwhelming! Honestly, it used to be the bane of my existence because I struggled with trying to figure out what to write and when. But, I’ve recently found that it doesn’t have to be that big of a struggle! So in this post let’s go behind the scenes on how I created my yearly content calendar in a week, tops!
What Is A Content Calendar?
- Start with your primary topic categories for your blog, youtube, or podcast.
- Next, brainstorm potential sub-topic categories of each these. For example, if Marketing is a primary topic, then Social Media could be a sub-topics.
- Then I consider the potential questions my target audience may type into a search engine (i.e. Google, Pinterest, or YouTube).
- These questions now become the titles of my blog posts i.e. How To Create A Content Calendar.
Related: HubSpot Topic Clustering
The Weekly Theme
- Your sanity (‘nough said there)!
- It’s the perfect way to reinforce topics.
- Building trust with your audience.
Organizing Content Strategically
- Take a look at your calendar for the year and be sure to mark off the weeks that you will be launching.
- Organize your best content that aligns with your offer and showcases you as an expert in your niche.
- Be sure your calendar has case studies and testimonials that will help your audience with overcoming objections.
- Schedule your content in a Project Management/Task Management Tool like ClickUp!